SALISBURY — Maryland Capital Enterprises (MCE) is excited to announce a lineup of free educational webinars and training sessions for March 2024, offered through the MCE Women’s Business Center. These training classes are designed to support aspiring and established entrepreneurs in Maryland. The sessions will cover a wide range of essential topics, from starting your own business to understanding government contracting opportunities for women-owned businesses.
• First Steps of Starting Your Own Business Webinar will be held on Wednesday, March 6 from 6 to 7 p.m. Guest Speakers are Nick Rudolph, Baltimore regional director, MCE; and Donna Wynkoop, Baltimore WBC coordinator. This introductory session will provide attendees with a comprehensive overview of small business ownership, including the advantages and challenges, necessary skills and resources, Maryland’s business requirements, the importance of credit, and the crucial role of a business plan.
• 8a Woman Owned Small Business Webinar – Government Contracting will be held on Thursday, March 7, from noon to 1 p.m. Hosted by the Baltimore Metropolitan & MD Capital Enterprises’ Women’s Business Centers and the SBA Baltimore District Office. Join us for a deep dive into the SBA’s Woman Owned Small Business certification process, exploring the benefits, requirements, and application steps for female entrepreneurs looking to expand through government contracts.
• Connecting to the Entrepreneurship Ecosystem will be held on Tuesday, March 19, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Dave & Patsy Rommel Center for Entrepreneurship, 212 W Main St. Suite 205 in Salisbury and virtually. Speaker will be Bernard Carter, loan officer, MCE. This hybrid session will explore various funding sources within the entrepreneurship ecosystem, providing insights into the requirements and processes for securing financing.
• How to Pay Yourself & Business Structure will be held on Wednesday, March 20 from noon to 1 p.m. at the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, 1324 Belmont Ave. Ste. 401 in Salisbury and virtually. Speaker is Lydia Faleye, banking officer, financial wellness leader/Truist. Learn about separating personal and business finances, refreshing business goals, and strategies for effectively compensating yourself as a business owner.
• Structure & Organizing Finances & Accounts & Tools will be held on Tuesday, March 26 from noon to 1 p.m. at the at the Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore, 1324 Belmont Ave. Ste. 401 in Salisbury and virtually. Speaker is Lydia Faleye, banking officer, financial wellness leader/Truist). This session will cover identifying the right organizational structure for your business, organizing your finances, and utilizing financial tools to manage your business more effectively.
All sessions are free and open to everyone, but registration is required. These workshops are part of MCE’s commitment to fostering a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem in Maryland by providing valuable resources and support to business owners at every stage of their journey.
To register for any of our free classes, visit https://marylandcapital.org/education/