Located on the Nanticoke River, Seaford was founded in 1726 and incorporated in 1865. Once the home of the DuPont Co.’s first nylon plant, Seaford bore the title of “The Nylon Capital of the World.” Seaford is south of the Gov. William Ross Plantation, an 1850s Victorian Italianate mansion, which serves as a welcome center.
Sign up for Daybreak, the daily newsletter of the Daily State News
Subscribe for unlimited digital access to BaytoBayNews.com and our e-newspapers