In the midst of the Holiday Season, Downtown Salisbury businesses have banded together to host a Downtown Salisbury Shopping event this Saturday and Sunday.
This holiday sales event comes at a time when it is more vital now than ever to support our locally owned small businesses. The impact of Covid-19 has been widespread and has disproportionately affected Salisbury’s small to medium sized businesses.
Spending holiday dollars locally could allow them to survive.
Among this weekend’s business participants:
- Lilac Clothing Company (107 West Main St. -- Saturday and Sunday) is offering 20 percent off your purchase if you show a receipt from another Downtown business. Plus, they are offering 25 percent off outerwear Saturday and 25 percent off gift items on Sunday. Carissa Lord, L.E. from Renaissance Med Spa will be offering free mini skin care consults and selling skin care products on Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Stop by Saturday at noon for a Local Artist Spotlight and Showcase featuring Donna Lloyd -- Artisan Aromas Candles and then on Sunday at 11 a.m. with Kauriee Wood, jewelry maker.
- The MudHud | Clay Art Studio (102 North Division St. -- Saturday and Sunday) will have hot chocolate donated by Olde Towne Cafe and word on the street is there will be a visit from Santa. Bring your kids down to say hello and enjoy 15 percent off all Paint Your Own Pottery with a receipt from another Downtown business and 20 percent off all handmade items.
- Deadstock SBY (100 East Main St., Suite 103 -- Saturday and Sunday) will offer 10 percent off if you show a receipt from another Downtown business. Stop by and check out the most exclusive and desirable footwear available locally.
- Bomshell Boutique (115 West Main St. -- Saturday and Sunday) is hosting a Holiday Open House on Saturday and will offer 20 percent off storewide. Check out some of the newest stylish women’s trends for the holidays. On Sunday, bring a receipt from another Downtown business and receive 15 percent off.
- Angello’s Scoops & Unique Gifts (100 East Main St. -- Saturday and Sunday) will offer 10 percent off if you show a receipt from another Downtown retailer. Purchases of $50 will receive a free $5 Angello's Scoops gift card. Plus, if you bring in three canned or boxed food items for the Downtown Pantry and get one free kids scoop of ice cream. (One free ice cream per family.) Angello’s will also be giving out candy canes and have a $5 special holiday sundae.
- Kaiju Records (213 West Main St. -- Saturday) will offer 15 percent off if you show a receipt from another Downtown business. Flip through the stacks of vinyl and pick up an old favorite, or expand your listening library with something new.
- Soul Yoga (237 West Main St. -- Saturday and Sunday) will be open selling merch and gift cards from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Sunday. Meet the instructors and sign up for a yoga class to alleviate some of that holiday stress.
- Edit Downtown Salon (100 North Division St. -- Saturday) is collaborating with Peninsula Plastic Surgery for an injectable event, Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon. $10/unit. Appointments will be required, call 410-546-0464 to set one up.
- The Shady Sun Tanning Co. (229 East Main St. -- Saturday) stop by anytime from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for 20 percent off swim apparel, 10 percent off all robes, 15 percent off all Finchberry bath and body and gift card specials. Or grab a Mystery Box, containing all the best Shady goodies (like hats, self-tanners, lotions, scrubs, gift cards and more). Plus exclusive holiday sale skincare and sunless tanning gift sets.
- MayaBella’s Pizza (212 West Main St. -- Saturday) will have gift cards for sale, buy $25 and receive a free two-slice meal with a drink coupon to use at your next visit. Stop by and grab a medium cheese pizza with a mini draft of beer for only $11.99
Downtown street and lot parking is completely free on weekends, so spend as much time browsing as you would like. For more information on Downtown businesses, visit DowntownSBY.com. Stay tuned to the Facebook event for last-minute event/deal additions.