Accidental fire causes $50k in damage to camper

Delaware State News
Posted 4/27/21

LEWES — An accidental fire caused approximately $50,000 in damage to a recreational camper on Tuesday.

Delaware State Fire Marshals Office spokesman Chief Deputy John Galaska said the fire …

Create an account for additional free stories

Thank you for visiting BayToBayNews. Registered visitors can read 5 free stories per month. Visit our sign-up page to register for your free stories.


Start a digital subscription today!

Subscribers can read unlimited stories for a special introductory rate of $5.99 per month.

Subscribers, please log in to continue

Accidental fire causes $50k in damage to camper

Posted

LEWES — An accidental fire caused approximately $50,000 in damage to a recreational camper on Tuesday.

Delaware State Fire Marshals Office spokesman Chief Deputy John Galaska said the fire in the 21000 block of Waterview Road was reported shortly before 2:30 a.m. The Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company arrived on the scene and found flames coming from the camper. Mutual aid fire companies assisted at the scene.

State fire investigators were called to the scene and determined that the fire occurred when an unknown electrical malfunction occurred to the electric cord providing power to the camper.

The camper was not occupied at the time of the fire, authorities said. The fire caused exposure damage to an adjacent occupied house and parked vehicle, Deputy Chief Galaska said. No injuries occurred, according to authorities.