DOVER — The ninth annual Law Enforcement Career Fair will be held Wednesday at Delaware State University’s Martin Luther King Jr. Student Center.
The event runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will include federal, county and municipal law enforcement agencies from in- and out-of-state.
Presented by the Delaware Chapter of the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, the event allows those attending the opportunity to meet and network with agents, troopers, officers and professionals, according to organizers.
This is not a Delaware State Police-sponsored event.
According to organizers, ridealongs can be scheduled at the event, along with seminars or tours with the prospective agencies. Also available is updated hiring information and capacity to complete applications at the event.
Law enforcement organizations scheduled to attend include:
• Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
• Cherry Hill (N.J.) Police Department
• Delaware Council on Gambling Problems
• Delaware Department of Correction
• Delaware Department of Labor
• Delaware State Police
• Delaware State University Master of Public Administration Program
• Delaware State University Police Department
• Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families
• Dover Police Department
• Drug Enforcement Administration
• Durham (N.C.) Police Department
• Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Howard County (Md.) Police Department
• Maryland Natural Resources Police Department
• Middletown Police Department
• New Castle County Police Department
• New Jersey State Police
• Newark Police Department
• Pennsylvania State Police
• Philadelphia Police Department
• Prince George’s County (Md.) Police Department
• United States Secret Service
• University of Delaware Police Department
• Wilmington Police Department
When promoting the event, organizers said, “Anyone and everyone within the general public that is interested in obtaining a career in law enforcement or obtaining additional information regarding these and many other agencies are being encouraged to attend this event.”