OCEAN VIEW — A 62-year-old man suffered burns to his hands after an explosion at a home in the 31000 block of Pine Street on Wednesday, Delaware Fire Marshals Office spokesman John Galaska said.
The incident was reported shortly before 9 a.m. The Millville Volunteer Fire Company arrived on the scene and found a damaged mobile home, Mr. Galaska said. Mutual aid fire companies assisted at the scene.
State fire investigators determined that the explosion originated inside the home and was caused by the accidental ignition of gas at a stove while conducting maintenance.
Damage was estimated at $10,000.
The 62-year-old victim was transported to Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Chester, Pennsylvania, in stable condition for burn injuries to the hands. There were no other reported injuries.