No injuries reported in Dover area shooting

Posted

DOVER - No injuries were reported in a Dover area shooting Tuesday night, Delaware State Police spokesperson Senior Cpl. Leonard DeMalto said.

Authorities said that at approximately 11:43 p.m., troopers responded to a report of shots fired on Del. 1 just north of Exit 95. The ensuing investigation revealed that a truck occupied by three persons had been traveling southbound on Del. 1 when the rear window of the vehicle was struck by gunfire. No vehicles were contacted by the victims, and no suspect was located or identified, police said.

Three Dover residents - males ages 22 and 18, and an 18-year-old female - occupied the vehicle struck by gunfire.

Cpl. DeMalto said the Troop 3 Criminal Investigations Unit continues to investigate this case. Troopers are asking anyone who witnessed this incident to please contact Detective R. Costlow by calling 302-697-4454. Information may also be provided by contacting Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or online at delaware.crimestoppersweb.com.

Members and subscribers make this story possible.
You can help support non-partisan, community journalism.