Accidental fire in Middletown causes $200k in damage

Delaware State News
Posted 4/29/22

MIDDLETOWN - An accidental residential fire in the Parkside neighborhood Friday caused $200,000 in damage, the Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal said.

You must be a member to read this story.

Join our family of readers for as little as $5.99 per month and support local, unbiased journalism.


Already a member? Log in to continue.   Otherwise, follow the link below to join.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Accidental fire in Middletown causes $200k in damage

Posted

MIDDLETOWN — An accidental residential fire in the Parkside neighborhood Friday caused $200,000 in damage, the Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal said.

The blaze, reported shortly before 2 p.m., occurred in the 300 block of Ellenwood Drive. The Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown arrived on the scene with flames coming from the house. All occupants escaped without injury, authorities said.

Deputy fire marshals determined that the fire originated inside the basement of the two-story dwelling. Sparks from a metal cutting power saw ignited combustibles next to the saw.

Smoke alarms were activated, authorities said.