TAMPA, Fla. – IRONMAN, a Wanda Sports Holdings company, last week announced the results of its 2018 Athlete Choice Awards, releasing the Top 10 scoring events in a variety of categories based solely on athlete surveys from all of the 2018 IRONMAN® and IRONMAN® 70.3® races globally.
Out of the 41 IRONMAN series events that took place in 2018, it was announced that IRONMAN Maryland ranked in the Top 10 in multiple categories, marking a major accomplishment for the event and the host community.
Out of the 105 IRONMAN 70.3 series events that took place in 2018, it was announced that IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman was selected 6th in Overall Venue experience.
IRONMAN Maryland was selected 4th Post Race Celebration Experience, selected 9th in Will Recommend to a Friend, and 10th in Best Overall Host City Experience.
Additional details regarding the IRONMAN Athlete Choice Awards, IRONMAN Maryland and IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman:
• For every IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 race, event surveys were sent post event to all athletes who competed. Surveys encompassed the respective areas in the attached. Based on the cumulative results, the Top 10 global events were ranked.
• Surveys are on a 5-point satisfaction scale.
• There were over 55,000 total respondents for the survey.
• The 2019 edition of IRONMAN Maryland will take place on Sept. 28, 2019 – www.ironman.com/maryland
• The 2019 edition of IRONMAN 70.3 Eagleman will take place on June 9, 2019 – www.ironman.com/eagleman70.3
To view the full IRONMAN Athlete Choice award results, please visit www.ironman.com/aca2018 for IRONMAN series and www.ironman.com/aca703_2018 for IRONMAN 70.3 series.
For more information on the IRONMAN brand and global event series, visit www.ironman.com.