Vikings beat Col. Richardson 2nd time, 50-0

By Dave Ryan
Posted 3/26/21

CAMBRIDGE — Cambridge-South Dorchester High School (1-A) football picked up its third win of the season on March 26, with a 50-0 victory over Colonel Richardson (1-A).The Vikings’ record …

Create an account for additional free stories

Thank you for visiting BayToBayNews. Registered visitors can read 5 free stories per month. Visit our sign-up page to register for your free stories.

Start a digital subscription today!

Subscribers can read unlimited stories for a special introductory rate of $5.99 per month.

Subscribers, please log in to continue

Vikings beat Col. Richardson 2nd time, 50-0


CAMBRIDGE — Cambridge-South Dorchester High School (1-A) football picked up its third win of the season on March 26, with a 50-0 victory over Colonel Richardson (1-A).
The Vikings’ record climbed to 3-1, with their only loss being at Kent Island, 31-21 on March 19. The Colonels fell to 2-2.

Things got away from the Colonels early, with C-SD scoring twice in three plays in their first two possessions. A missed extra point left the score at 13-0 in the middle of the first quarter.
The second quarter saw another burst of scoring in just a few seconds, when Dario Belizaire took a handoff up the middle from the 6-yard line for a score, followed 13 seconds of game time later by a 25-yard Nisim Hawkins scoring scamper.

That made it 27-0 halfway through the second period, and looking like there would be a running clock from the beginning of the third quarter.
Senior Malcolm Edwards got into the act next, running into the end zone from the 7 with 4:49 left in the half. Head Coach Gaven Parker opted not to go for a 2-point conversion that would have put 35 points on the scoreboard and ensured a running clock.

So, James Frazier’s kick made it 34-0. But no matter about the clock — the Colonels punted on their next possession, and on the Vikings’ first play, Tim Johnson ran untouched for a 54-yard touchdown.

Another extra point, and it was 41-0 at halftime.
Scoring stalled in the third quarter, with many backups in the game for the Vikings, but C-SD ended the quarter first and goal from the 5. On the first play of the fourth quarter, Jordan Manokey scored, the seventh Viking to see the end zone. Another extra point from Frazier made it 48-0.
Next points on the board came from the Colonels, with about 5 minutes left, but not the way they wanted — trying to punt from their own goal line, the snap was high, the ball went through the end zone, and that was good for a safety.

That meant 50-0, and the first time this season the Vikings had scored that high.
On the Vikings’ next possession, Jamarion Wongus came in at quarterback, giving John Henry a break after a busy evening.

Lopsided results are not unusual at this level, and players are more or less ready to deal with a tough loss. But this game ended in a more upsetting manner, when, with a little more than a minute to play, a Colonel Richardson player was injured.
He lay motionless for some time as he was examined, and then was seen to move. But with the game’s outcome certain, Coach Parker spoke with Colonels’ coaches, and they decided to stop play as an ambulance was called for the player.
The Vikes’ next game will be at Snow Hill on Thursday, with schools closed for Good Friday.

C-SD Schedule
Friday, March 5 - Home vs. WiHi, W27-6
Friday, March 12 - Away @ Colonel Richardson, W36-6

Friday, March 19 - Away @ Kent Island L31-21
Friday, March 26 - Home vs. Colonel Richardson W50-0
Thursday, April 1 - Away @ Snow Hill
Friday, April 9 - Away @ Kent County
Friday, April 16 - Home vs. Easton