No injuries reported in Rehoboth Beach home fire

Delaware State News
Posted 8/17/22

REHOBOTH BEACH - No injuries were reported in a single-family home fire that caused roughly $1,000,000 in damage on Wednesday, authorities said.

You must be a member to read this story.

Join our family of readers for as little as $5.99 per month and support local, unbiased journalism.


Already a member? Log in to continue.   Otherwise, follow the link below to join.

Please log in to continue

Log in

No injuries reported in Rehoboth Beach home fire

Posted

REHOBOTH BEACH - No injuries were reported in a single-family home fire that caused roughly $1,000,000 in damage on Wednesday, authorities said.

The fire in the unit block of West Side Drive in Rehoboth Beach Yacht and County Club was accidentally caused by an electrical malfunction of fixed branch circuit, according to the Delaware Fire Marshals Office.

Spokesman John Galaska, the incident was reported shortly before 4 a.m. The Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company arrived on the scene and found smoke and flames coming from the roof area of the structure.

The home was occupied at the time of the fire, authorities said. Occupants were alerted to the fire by a fire alarm system and escaped without injury. Mutual aid fire companies assisted at the scene.

Members and subscribers make this story possible.
You can help support non-partisan, community journalism.