Accidental fire in Middletown causes $200k in damage

Delaware State News
Posted 4/29/22

MIDDLETOWN - An accidental residential fire in the Parkside neighborhood Friday caused $200,000 in damage, the Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal said.

Create an account for additional free stories

Thank you for visiting BayToBayNews. Registered visitors can read 5 free stories per month. Visit our sign-up page to register for your free stories.


Start a digital subscription today!

Subscribers can read unlimited stories for a special introductory rate of $5.99 per month.

Subscribers, please log in to continue

Accidental fire in Middletown causes $200k in damage

Posted

MIDDLETOWN — An accidental residential fire in the Parkside neighborhood Friday caused $200,000 in damage, the Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal said.

The blaze, reported shortly before 2 p.m., occurred in the 300 block of Ellenwood Drive. The Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown arrived on the scene with flames coming from the house. All occupants escaped without injury, authorities said.

Deputy fire marshals determined that the fire originated inside the basement of the two-story dwelling. Sparks from a metal cutting power saw ignited combustibles next to the saw.

Smoke alarms were activated, authorities said.